obscurezodiac.com

Home of the online TMNT manga.
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Birth order?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am 
Normal Mutant Ninja Turtle
Normal Mutant Ninja Turtle

Now, this has been a controversial topic sometime among TMNT fans, and I was just wondering what other people thought about the order of oldest to youngest for the turtles. Me personally? I think it goes: Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo. Some series openings list the names off in this specific order (the old cartoon, Back to the sewers, let me know if I've missed anything).

Post subject: Re: Birth order?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:11 pm 
Classy Mutant Ninja Turtle

Bleh, this topic has been brung a few time, but anyways, it's fun to see how it goes for everyone again.

I suppose we nearly, ALL agree that Leo is the oldest and Mikey the youngest, right? The only controversial thing is Raph and Don.

Personally, I prefer to think Raph is older than Donnie for a few reasons. First, well, when I was watching the show, I always thought like the geek was younger than the gangster, but that's only a personal opinion.

Second, this is more about Gaiden than the actual TMNT medias: When Leo left, he let Raph "in charge". Raph was looking over (he wasn't, but he was supposed to) Donnie and Mikey, making me think even more that HE was the big brother.

Third... actually, I don't have a third that comes to mind >.> But those are enough to convince me that Raph is older (in my mind anyways).

Afterall, they're all from the same batch to me, so they're all the same age :P

I think I see a *cough* tunnel... and *cough* a light *cough*... IT'S A TRAIN!!! AAAAAAAH!
- Famous Last Words

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 pm 
Training Mutant Ninja Turtle

I'm with Davmil on this one... I'm pretty sure it's Leo>Raph>Donnie>Mikey.

Though I think that Raph wanting to be leader when they were younger is a pretty good sign he's second-oldest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:00 pm 
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle

I've always thought of them that way, though in the 2007 movie Donny was left in charge when Leo left, so it seems like they wanted to say Don is second. :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm 

Yeah well, sometimes the youngs want to take over anyway XD But yeah, the two oldest fighting for leadership :3 Though we all know Raph becoming a leader would only lead into a blood bath. Either it is human or turtle blood.

I think I see a *cough* tunnel... and *cough* a light *cough*... IT'S A TRAIN!!! AAAAAAAH!
- Famous Last Words

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 am 
Honorable Mutant Ninja Turtle

Location: "If Raphael and Leonardo had a baby, it'd be Donatello because red and blue makes purple."
Davmil3111 wrote:
Second, this is more about Gaiden than the actual TMNT medias: When Leo left, he let Raph "in charge". Raph was looking over (he wasn't, but he was supposed to) Donnie and Mikey, making me think even more that HE was the big brother.

Don was clearly more distressed than Raph so I think Leo leaving Donnie in charge wouldn't have been a wise move at all. Raph was in a much better state to lead the others than Donnie was, who was all hysterical and blaming Leo for what had just happened.

My order is Leo//Raph//Don//Mikey. I don't think there is a huge gap between each one though. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am 
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle

Location: Hold on, I know this one...uh...erm...Who are you?! (Points to confused sister)
Terrve wrote:
I've always thought of them that way, though in the 2007 movie Donny was left in charge when Leo left, so it seems like they wanted to say Don is second. :?

it could be that Donnie is more trustworthy and smart than Raph so he was the better choice.

Look on YT, my account is Sheashay100 and Sheashay101. Tmnt stuff there, and a lot of others, too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:30 pm 

In all likelihood considering that they are turtles who came from a petshop they are probably the same age, our perception of their ages oldest to youngest is mostly based on their maturity when compared to one another. There have only been three actually mentions of age in any form of the series, one is from the old arcade game which put Leo at 16 and the other three at 15. In the mirage comics Splinter tells April around the time where they first meet her that they are 15 1/2. And in the comic strip it is stated that Don was the last to hatch. This is only mentioned in the comic strip and was likely as not only used for a gag.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 pm 

Wow, first time hearing something that MIGHT mean Donnie is the youngest XD Oh well.

- Famous Last Words

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:41 pm 

^_^; yeah surprised me too when I found it actually XD granted it's only really canon to the comic strip but really no one really knows outside of the creators. I doubt Splinter even knows since not only were they already hatched when he found them but infants so they wouldn't know either. Heck since they came from a petshop I'd honestly be surprised if they were related by blood but that really doesn't matter because family is family.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm 
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle

Location: Hold on, I know this one...uh...erm...Who are you?! (Points to confused sister)
*starts singing* We. Are. Family!! Whoo! All my brothers, sisters and me--!! *gets pulled off by a cane*

Look on YT, my account is Sheashay100 and Sheashay101. Tmnt stuff there, and a lot of others, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 pm 

CrazdMikeyfan15 wrote:
*starts singing* We. Are. Family!! Whoo! All my brothers, sisters and me--!! *gets pulled off by a cane*

XD LMAO

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:22 pm 

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, New York City sewer system, NYC, NY
Personally, whether it's in the Gaiden or any OTHER TMNT-Verse, I think their birth order is as follows:

Leo
Raph
Donnie
Mikey

But that's just me.

Besides, no matter WHAT universe that you look at, I don't really think that Peter OR Kevin ever really SAID what their birth-order is. (Or DID they? I is confused....... :? :? :? :? :? ) So it's open to interpretion.

Last edited by Whitewolf89 on Thu May 19, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:23 pm 
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle
Rad Mutant Ninja Turtle

Whitewolf89 wrote:
Personally, whether it's in the Gaiden or any OTHER TMNT-Verse, I think their birt order is as follows:

Leo
Raph
Donnie
Mikey

But that's just me.

Besides, no matter WHAT universe that you look at, I don't really think that Peter OR Kevin ever really SAID what their birth-order is. (Or DID they? I is confused....... :? :? :? :? :? ) So it's open to interpretion.

I second this notion to the fourth power!

I don't believe they ever stated their birth-order, we were only to assume based on how they acted towards another such as referring Leo as the leader and 'older' brother and Mikey being the baby and youngest. As for Raph and Donny...I always believed Raph to be second to Leo and Donny to be somewhere beneath Raphie.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 pm 

Yeah they never did say an order, just that they were 15 1/2 when they first met April (Almost 16 when Mike found Klunk in the first christmas issue, which means they were almost 17 the next christmas when Shredder ambushed Leo in the comics)

Kind of funny really, in the comics they were at April's for about 2 years before the ambush in the comics but in the 2k3 series only a few days.

And well honestly they came from a pet shop so I can't really think of any way anyone could actually know their birth order in the first place.